Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rosetta 2 installation on M1 Mac

Norton 360 is an app that was developed for Intel but when I check Get Info there is not a choice to open it using Rosetta 2. How do I install Rosetta 2 if an app doesn't provide the dialog box to install Rosetta 2?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 4:18 PM

Yes, I know it should prompt me to install Rosetta 2 when I try to open the app. The problem is that it was not prompting me. Instead I received an error message that said "there was a problem" with no suggestion for how to fix it.

I was able to find a solution though: I opened another app that requires Rosetta 2 and I was prompted to install Rosetta 2. Problem solved!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2021 4:18 PM in response to esterbond

Yes, I know it should prompt me to install Rosetta 2 when I try to open the app. The problem is that it was not prompting me. Instead I received an error message that said "there was a problem" with no suggestion for how to fix it.

I was able to find a solution though: I opened another app that requires Rosetta 2 and I was prompted to install Rosetta 2. Problem solved!

Jun 27, 2021 4:51 PM in response to GeneLand

GeneLand:

Most anyone can try more than one application, to test the idea; if an error

or damages to the first case, is resolvable through a second or third attempt.

• If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

• About the Rosetta(2) Translation Environment | Apple Developer Documenation

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/apple-silicon/about-the-rosetta-translation-environment

The transition this utility enables is said to be temporary until software makers

bring their own wares up to speed ~ which would self-resolve this matter easily.

Rosetta 2 installation on M1 Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.