Need install Rosetta in my new mac

How to install Rosetta in my new Mac Pro

Posted on May 9, 2023 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 3:32 PM

Rosetta 2 is only for Macs with Apple Silicon. You don't need Rosetta to run Intel applications on Mac Pro (2019).

To install Rosetta on your Mac, launch an application that requires an Intel processor to run on a Mac with Apple Silicon. You'll be prompted to install Rosetta; click Install, then authenticate. Once installed, you won't be prompted to install Rosetta again if you launch a different Intel-only application.

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

If you're looking to install Rosetta to run PowerPC applications on an Intel Mac, you'll need a Mac from 2010 or earlier with Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 3:32 PM in response to Ricsor

Rosetta 2 is only for Macs with Apple Silicon. You don't need Rosetta to run Intel applications on Mac Pro (2019).

To install Rosetta on your Mac, launch an application that requires an Intel processor to run on a Mac with Apple Silicon. You'll be prompted to install Rosetta; click Install, then authenticate. Once installed, you won't be prompted to install Rosetta again if you launch a different Intel-only application.

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

If you're looking to install Rosetta to run PowerPC applications on an Intel Mac, you'll need a Mac from 2010 or earlier with Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

May 24, 2023 12:42 AM in response to bumbleben0

that is not correct, as Davinci Resolve could not be installed, got a pop-up asking for Rosetta. the latest version is 18.5. My MacBook is brand new.

Anyway, it resolved itself, on the 3rd attempt at installing Resolve I finally got a system prompt to install rosetta, and after that it worked. So: turn off and on again. Or, try 3 times...

Need install Rosetta in my new mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.