Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Big Sur cannot be downloaded

I have the update downloaded, but it says macOS Big Sur cannot be downloaded on "Macintosh HD" I have almost deleted everything off of my Mac to make room for this update. What can I do? The system itself is taking up 77.12GB and Applications is taking up 13GB with 12 of those being the update. I have 25.98GB left open. My mac is currently on macOS Mojave and manufactured in 2017. Any help would really be appreciated.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 8:12 AM

Howdy,

It sounds like you already have [a corrupt?] download of Big Sur on your hard drive.

It's located in your Applications Folder as "Install macOS Big Sur" and my download of it is 12.24 GB so you should have enough space to download it.

First, have you tried running the macOS Big Sur installer? Is it actually corrupt and not working?

If your existing download is in the way preventing a new download, then throw it away and empty the trash to free up that space and download it again.

From How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur

Download macOS Big Sur

If you're using macOS Mojave or later, get macOS Big Sur via Software Update: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Software Update.

Or use this link to open the macOS Big Sur page on the App StoreGet macOS Big Sur. Then click the Get button or iCloud download icon.

Here's my download:

ivan

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 8:12 AM in response to Drew907

Howdy,

It sounds like you already have [a corrupt?] download of Big Sur on your hard drive.

It's located in your Applications Folder as "Install macOS Big Sur" and my download of it is 12.24 GB so you should have enough space to download it.

First, have you tried running the macOS Big Sur installer? Is it actually corrupt and not working?

If your existing download is in the way preventing a new download, then throw it away and empty the trash to free up that space and download it again.

From How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur

Download macOS Big Sur

If you're using macOS Mojave or later, get macOS Big Sur via Software Update: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Software Update.

Or use this link to open the macOS Big Sur page on the App StoreGet macOS Big Sur. Then click the Get button or iCloud download icon.

Here's my download:

ivan

macOS Big Sur cannot be downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.