Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Formal complaint big security flaw in iPhone security

There is no control on if I can block individual apps from getting to the internet via WiFi. Either I turn on WiFi for all apps or I turn off for all apps. That means there is a big security hole in iPhone apps. They can stream app data to the internet without no knowledge of the end user. Should be asked to grant this for each app that requests it. And shut it off by individual apps. This is very similar to mobile data access. That works just fine. But, that has NO control if iPhone app communicate to internet or not. This is a big US privacy law violation.

affects all iPhone apps on all iPhone and iPod and IOS versions.

I am really surprised Apple was not aware of this major security flaw, and privacy violation. Apple does such a good job of security and privacy else where.

Please escalate this message pretty high up in the Apple company. The top level executives will want to be aware of this so they can act on it very proactively.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 3:20 PM

Here is a link where you can share feedback.

Similar questions

2 replies

Formal complaint big security flaw in iPhone security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.