Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

VPN (iPad Pro)

I see that there is a VPN listed under general>settings>VPN & Device Management though I cannot see an actual app. (I’m not sure if this is part of iOS system software). This is my personal iPad and I work online.

When I click on it, it states it is not connected. Is it possible to remove this? The reason I’m asking if I keep getting threatened by the company I work for that they will deactivate my account if I use a VPN or work outside my area (which I have not) and I need to ensure there is no possibility about a VPN, even if it isn’t set up.

iPad mini 5, 15

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 8:03 AM

iOS/iPadOS has a built-in VPN client - and it is this that you can access from iPad settings. Unless you manually set-up the VPN client with appropriate connection parameters, your iPad will not be capable of connecting to a VPN service.

You should note that the built-in VPN client is independent of any VPN Apps that can be downloaded/installed from the Apple App Store.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2023 8:03 AM in response to visual_fx

iOS/iPadOS has a built-in VPN client - and it is this that you can access from iPad settings. Unless you manually set-up the VPN client with appropriate connection parameters, your iPad will not be capable of connecting to a VPN service.

You should note that the built-in VPN client is independent of any VPN Apps that can be downloaded/installed from the Apple App Store.

VPN (iPad Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.