Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie error 10008

I am getting a video render error when trying to share my video. Renders about 25% (approx. 7 minutes) and then gives me an error. (iMovie error 10008: renderVideoFrame failed) as written in the notification.

I also noticed that the audio jumps from left to right and back again as I move the cursor up and down the timeline. The music will also disappear but come back when I click on the song next to it.

If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

iMac High Sierra 10.13.2

iMovie 10.1.18

I am aware that the Mac OS is in need of an update.

Not sure about iMovie

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 9:30 PM

The error means that there is a corrupt frame in your project at around the 7 minute mark. Expand your time line and scroll in that area looking for black frames, white flashes, artifacts and any other signs of corruption. Cut out any that you find. Now see if you can export 100 %.

— Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 9:30 PM in response to Wifiredog

The error means that there is a corrupt frame in your project at around the 7 minute mark. Expand your time line and scroll in that area looking for black frames, white flashes, artifacts and any other signs of corruption. Cut out any that you find. Now see if you can export 100 %.

— Rich

iMovie error 10008

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.