Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro export Volume control

I am recording an audiobook. The opening includes a short musical section on one track which fades out as the speaking begins on another track. I use the automation "yellow line" (not sure what that line is formally called) on the music track to adjust the volume level and create the fade out. When I play back the two tracks on Logic Pro the fade out works perfectly.

However, when I export the 2 tracks as a WAV file, the volume control disappears — no fade out.

If, instead of exporting as a WAV file, I bounce the 3 tracks as an mp3, then the fade out is captured.

How can I export a WAV file with the volume control in tact?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 6:24 PM

Thank you for the answer. Why on earth would there not simply be a checkbox when exporting a WAV file that asks "Include Automation — Yes or No?" Why this multistep process? Strange.

On another point, I don't understand why the yellow line is called "Automation" when it is clearly meant for manual manipulation.

Marc

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 6:24 PM in response to Eriksimon

Thank you for the answer. Why on earth would there not simply be a checkbox when exporting a WAV file that asks "Include Automation — Yes or No?" Why this multistep process? Strange.

On another point, I don't understand why the yellow line is called "Automation" when it is clearly meant for manual manipulation.

Marc

Jan 10, 2021 6:39 PM in response to mpk-apple

It is not "clearly" meant for manual manipulation, the ability to enter it manually is an added feature. Automation can be input manually, or with MIDI controllers.

Exporting is meant to export the "raw" recorded audio file. To "export" tweaks, you need to bounce. That is just how the workflow in Logic (and any other daw) has developed over many years.

Logic Pro export Volume control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.