Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading photos to Mac

Why am I getting a buzzing noise and unable to import my photos into my Mac?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 12:40 AM

What kind of buzzing noise are you getting? Is the iPhone making the noise or the Mac? It may be an alert, that you need to unlock the iPhone and confirm ton the iPhone to trust the computer. Is there any message about "Trust this computer"? Only trusted devices can download items from the iPhone; try to follow the instructions described here: About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

To establish the trust, the devices need to be running compatible system versions and on older Macs you need to upgrade iTunes to the most recent version. This may not be possible, if the Mac is too old. Your iTunes version seems to be the last compatible for High Sierra.

my iPhotos is Version 3.0 (3291.13.230

You can you are are using Photos 3 (not iPhoto), that is a part of macOS 10.13 High Sierra, right?

You can only import photos from your iPhone using a USB connection between the iPhone of the Mac, if you have not enabled iCloud Photos on your iPhone. If the photos are in iCloud, the Mac cannot download them from the iPhone, because the photos are in iCloud and only mirrored on the device. is iCloud Photos enabled in the Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos? If yes, you should use download the photos directly from iCloud, not from the iPhone. If you do not want to enable iCloud Photos Library on the Mac, use Safari r another browser to download your photos from the iCloud web page www.icloud.com .

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 12:40 AM in response to fhom1981

What kind of buzzing noise are you getting? Is the iPhone making the noise or the Mac? It may be an alert, that you need to unlock the iPhone and confirm ton the iPhone to trust the computer. Is there any message about "Trust this computer"? Only trusted devices can download items from the iPhone; try to follow the instructions described here: About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

To establish the trust, the devices need to be running compatible system versions and on older Macs you need to upgrade iTunes to the most recent version. This may not be possible, if the Mac is too old. Your iTunes version seems to be the last compatible for High Sierra.

my iPhotos is Version 3.0 (3291.13.230

You can you are are using Photos 3 (not iPhoto), that is a part of macOS 10.13 High Sierra, right?

You can only import photos from your iPhone using a USB connection between the iPhone of the Mac, if you have not enabled iCloud Photos on your iPhone. If the photos are in iCloud, the Mac cannot download them from the iPhone, because the photos are in iCloud and only mirrored on the device. is iCloud Photos enabled in the Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos? If yes, you should use download the photos directly from iCloud, not from the iPhone. If you do not want to enable iCloud Photos Library on the Mac, use Safari r another browser to download your photos from the iCloud web page www.icloud.com .

Uploading photos to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.