Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ProRAW files won't import from iPhone 12 Pro Max Pro to macbook Pro (Big Sur)

I tried shooting some Apple ProRAW photos after updating my iOS iPhone 12 Pro max to 14.3 but when I use the suggested steps to import those DNG files directly on to my 2013 Big Sur macbook Pro using Image Capture app, I can see the photos there but the import fails with the attached errors.

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 1:48 AM

Share ProRAW photos

Here are the best ways to share your ProRAW photos:

• Use iCloud Photos to access the original ProRAW file in full resolution on all of your devices. 
  • To transfer the original ProRAW file from your iPhone to another iPhone, iPad, or your Mac, use AirDrop. If you edited the photo in the Photos app and then you share it, you'll share a JPG file. To share the original ProRAW file from the Photos app on your iPhone, tap Share, tap Duplicate, tap Edit, tap Revert, then share the photo using AirDrop.
  • To share an edited ProRAW photo with someone else, edit the photo in the Photos app on your iPhone, then AirDrop, email, or send with Messages. A JPG file that includes your edits is shared.
  • To email a ProRAW photo, create an email in the Mail app on your iPhone, then add the photo to the email. The Mail app automatically converts the ProRAW file to a smaller JPG file, which you can then send with email.
  • If you edit a ProRAW photo and want to share both the original ProRAW file and the edited JPG file, use Image Capture on Mac or the Windows Photos app on a PC to import the files.
  • If you’ve edited a ProRAW photo in the Photos app on your Mac, and you want to use your Mac to share the original ProRAW file only, select the photo in the Photos app, then choose File > Export > Export Unmodified Original.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 1:48 AM in response to SFSaxguy

Share ProRAW photos

Here are the best ways to share your ProRAW photos:

• Use iCloud Photos to access the original ProRAW file in full resolution on all of your devices. 
  • To transfer the original ProRAW file from your iPhone to another iPhone, iPad, or your Mac, use AirDrop. If you edited the photo in the Photos app and then you share it, you'll share a JPG file. To share the original ProRAW file from the Photos app on your iPhone, tap Share, tap Duplicate, tap Edit, tap Revert, then share the photo using AirDrop.
  • To share an edited ProRAW photo with someone else, edit the photo in the Photos app on your iPhone, then AirDrop, email, or send with Messages. A JPG file that includes your edits is shared.
  • To email a ProRAW photo, create an email in the Mail app on your iPhone, then add the photo to the email. The Mail app automatically converts the ProRAW file to a smaller JPG file, which you can then send with email.
  • If you edit a ProRAW photo and want to share both the original ProRAW file and the edited JPG file, use Image Capture on Mac or the Windows Photos app on a PC to import the files.
  • If you’ve edited a ProRAW photo in the Photos app on your Mac, and you want to use your Mac to share the original ProRAW file only, select the photo in the Photos app, then choose File > Export > Export Unmodified Original.

Jan 19, 2021 2:17 PM in response to SFSaxguy

I

also have had problems/errors importing photos from my iPhone 12 Pro Max into a

Windows PC using both Windows Photos and Adobe Lightroom. After exhaustive

experimentation, I've isolated the problem to the existence of any RAW file

that has been edited in the iPhone using the Apple Photos app. So long as the

Photos app contains no ProRaw/DNG file that has been edited, there is no

problem and the import proceeds as expected, transferring all HEIC and DNG

files. Otherwise, one gets an error that the device is unreachable or some

such. Adobe Lightroom actually hangs and must be restarted. I hope Apple is

aware and is investigating.

Apple ProRAW files won't import from iPhone 12 Pro Max Pro to macbook Pro (Big Sur)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.