Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery usage during sleep mode

My new Macbook Air(M1 Chip, Big Sur 11.1) uses a lot of the battery during sleep mode.

As you can see screen usage is zero during night but buttery usage is hight. For example if my Macbook steel in sleep mode for two days then I can not start my Mac without connection to charger since battery goes to zero.

How can I fix the issue?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 4:26 AM

If you look at the above picture you will see, the laptop uses every hour around one percentage of battery during sleep mode. This means, with a full charge of the battery(100%) the laptop goes to zero after five days in sleep mode!!!.

9 replies

Jan 21, 2021 11:51 PM in response to Neda59

I talked with apple support regarding this issue and I have been told to reinstall MacOS. I reinstalled MacOS and the issue has been left. Again I called them and they told me I should give the laptop to one of MacBook reseller to check the computer. I gave my new MacBook to Macfroum in Gothenburg and I received this answer after five days: " The Battery drain somewhat when in sleep mode, but nothing out of the specifications Apple have published. Apple diagnostics report no issue with the battery."

However Macfroum thinks drain battery 1% percentage every hour is normal!!!. I called to apple support again and they recommended to ask Macfroum to reinstalled the OS via Apple Configurator 2. Macfroum restored the firmware, erased and reinstalled the OS via Apple Configurator 2.

I checked again computer and I had the same issue look at the following picture. All applications were closed and does not install any program in the laptop.

I compare with my old MacBook Air and the old one just lost 2 % battery with many open applications.

I had the issue from the first day that I bought this new MacBook Air(M1) and it is around two weeks I am trying to fix it and had contact with Apple to fix the issue.

Feb 6, 2021 1:17 AM in response to Eric_Idle

After several conversations with apple support they sent the computer to a repair center in Czchek and they returned the laptop after one day.I have been told the issue has been resolved. Not only the issue has not been solved, Now I have two scratches on the body on my new laptop.

Disappointed service from apple. Never buy apple products directly from Apple.

Battery usage during sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.