Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get highlight individual emails with a flag?

I used to flag important emails with a flag so that I can easily find them when looking back at old emails. I I can no longer see flagged emails since the latest update-Mac Os Big Sur. It only appears to be possible to search for flagged emails but this takes them out of sequence which is unhelpful. Does anyone know if it is possible to put the visual flag back on to individual emails????

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 8:21 AM

Mojave (for instance) placed the Mail flags in the gutter to the left of the mail messages listing, but Apple has again, flushed usability over style, and redesigned the Big Sur Mail application to place the flags at the end of the first message entry text row. There will be no user configurable change to this new application design, as it is hard-wired into the application build.

You can certainly send feedback to the Apple Mail product team, asking them what they were thinking…

Mojave:

Big Sur 11.1:

Very obvious which is more user friendly.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 8:21 AM in response to frustratedbyappleanon

Mojave (for instance) placed the Mail flags in the gutter to the left of the mail messages listing, but Apple has again, flushed usability over style, and redesigned the Big Sur Mail application to place the flags at the end of the first message entry text row. There will be no user configurable change to this new application design, as it is hard-wired into the application build.

You can certainly send feedback to the Apple Mail product team, asking them what they were thinking…

Mojave:

Big Sur 11.1:

Very obvious which is more user friendly.

How can I get highlight individual emails with a flag?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.