Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flagged emails in Mail 15.0

Hi everyone,

Since the Mail 15.0 update in MacOS Monterey I've noticed some changes to how mail works that make it less useable & intuitive for me. Specifically, I can't find any way to make mail flags 'show up' visibly when scrolling through "all inboxes", or to easily sort by flags.

Instead -- I think? -- 'flagging' an email just puts it in the separate 'flagged' folder on the left sidebar. But this is just not intuitive for me. I'm used to being able to visually SEE the flags while scrolling through my email, and sort emails by flagged/unflagged by clicking on the top bar, like on previous versions of mail. (I hope I'm explaining this clearly...!) Having to look in a separate 'flagged' folder, rather than just look through 'all inboxes', defeats the whole purpose of flags, i.e. that they should jump out VISUALLY.

Is there some way to make flags 'visible' in Mail 15.0 (like in previous Mail versions) that I'm not seeing?

This change is so annoying & nonintuitive to me, I'm seriously thinking of switching to a different mail program, even if I have to pay money for one.

Jason

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 9:56 AM

6 replies

Flagged emails in Mail 15.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.