Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 10.5 pops, screen lines out & shuts down

I purchased new iPad Pro 10.5, 256 memory in May 2018. First noticed random popping sounds or light keyboard clicks a wk or so ago, sometimes when I entered Apple ID. All else fine til 3 days ago. Night before this happened, had been heavily in google maps and earth. Next day, screen filled with lines of different colored paint seemingly poured from top to bottom. Then it shut down on it’s on. It was fully charged. I read the forums. Battery appears fine. Latest Battery cycle count read 454. Performed hard restarts multiple times, got it back up and it was fine for a whole day, yesterday- I was in YouTube a lot. Then, solid black lines appeared on aqua background, black on white, then black on pink (most recent) alternated with black lines (thickness of lines varies) The lines began thin and over time were thicker but fewer. I have several pics of this on iPhone, the device I am using now. Even noted black lines running thru apple logo on startup screen a time or two, between its shutdowns, over & over. Several times, it was looping shutdowns on its own. The few times I was fortunate enough to get it to Home Screen, things were fine until I went to safari or mail. Could still view settings, etc. Note: when charging battery, battery icon was blue vs the usual green. When I purchased it, I added apple care but don’t believe it is under warranty now. It has always been in otter case, never dropped, not a scratch or hiccup. I am currently recharging and hoping somebody will be able to help me, please. I cannot buy another one as much as I loved it.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 8:10 AM

Given your extensive description - and the photo - your iPad has suffered a hardware failure. You’ll need to seek assistance from the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider.

Alternatively, you can arrange repair through the Apple Support team. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 8:10 AM in response to Behbcc02

Given your extensive description - and the photo - your iPad has suffered a hardware failure. You’ll need to seek assistance from the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider.

Alternatively, you can arrange repair through the Apple Support team. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

Jan 11, 2021 8:52 AM in response to Behbcc02

Without diagnostic tests, it is impossible to provide a definitive answer. The image of your screen might, of itself, suggest a screen or GPU failure.

If the iPad will still boot - and you can still access the iPad and data thereon - the Apple Support team may be able to run some level of tests remotely. You can contact Apple Support using the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, the excellent Apple Support App allows you to initiate a support case.

If not already installed on your iPad, the Apple Support App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

iPad Pro 10.5 pops, screen lines out & shuts down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.