Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spaces after or before a paragraph

Where does one set space after paragraph in the new Pages 10? 

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 12:55 PM

That window is exactly what I'm looking for. I have a new iMac and Pages 10.3.5. I can't find that window under TEXT or anywhere else. Also, I don't see Spacing as a separate choice. Here is a screen shot of what I see under TEXT.

Any suggestions as to where I might look?

/Users/fduanestevens/Desktop/Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 12.43.55 PM.png

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 12:55 PM in response to VikingOSX

That window is exactly what I'm looking for. I have a new iMac and Pages 10.3.5. I can't find that window under TEXT or anywhere else. Also, I don't see Spacing as a separate choice. Here is a screen shot of what I see under TEXT.

Any suggestions as to where I might look?

/Users/fduanestevens/Desktop/Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 12.43.55 PM.png

Jan 11, 2021 4:13 PM in response to Duane Stevens

Use the following tool on the bottom of this editor to load an image to the community:

With a Pages document open in the application, click anywhere in the document body to get the Format : Text : Style tab to appear in the sidebar. The Spacing section, if it is collapsed to just the word Spacing, can be expanded by clicking on that word.

Take advantage of the online Pages User Guide for Mac too.

Jan 11, 2021 5:27 PM in response to Duane Stevens

Hi Duane,

I really don't understand how you decided that the post quoted below "Solved" your issue:

"That window is exactly what I'm looking for. I have a new iMac and Pages 10.3.5. I can't find that window under TEXT or anywhere else. Also, I don't see Spacing as a separate choice. Here is a screen shot of what I see under TEXT.

Any suggestions as to where I might look?"

Marking a post as having Solved your issue does three things:

1. It puts a copy of that post at the top of the discussion, immediately after the initial post, where the question was asked.       This ensures that anyone else searching for an answer to the same question and finding yours, will see the post that Solved the issue right away, without having to scroll through the rest of the discussion.
  2. In the list of discussions in the Pages community, it 'green-lights' the first bullet, indicating the issue has been Solved (which may attract others looking for a solution to the same or a similar issue, and may repel others who have an answer to the issue, but see that one has already Solved it).
  3. It awards 10 points to the author of the post (except in the case where the OP—the original poster of the question—is also the author of the post marked as Solving the question.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 10, 2021 9:35 AM in response to Duane Stevens

The previous answer was correct, the option is still there, but perhaps this will help.

Place your cursor on the paragraph so that the "Format" panel shows on the right side. There are panels labeled "Text," "Font," "Text Color," and finally "Spacing." I experienced the same exasperated experience after the recent update of only seeing an option for LINES (1, 1.5, 2, and so forth). What is easily overlooked is the light grey tab marker ">" next to the panel label, "Spacing." Click on the tab marker, and a drop-down window will give you the paragraph spacing options ("Before" and "After" paragraph spacing). See image below.

Jan 12, 2021 10:22 AM in response to Barry

To Barry,

I seldom use the Apple Community for questions so I didn't realize these factors that occur you mentioned. My clicking on "solved" was because at first upon reading the response from Viking... I looked at the TEXT at the top of the page, rather than on the right under format within the Pages document. At some point, I realized (remembered) there was a FORMAT section and looked; found the TEXT therein and clicked on the SPACES to expand it. I guess when I started using my new computer, I didn't realize the SPACES was just not expanded. So, when I realized this and did it, I went back and clicked on SOLVED to tell Viking... that my problem was not solved.

Perhaps I don't really know how all of these responses work so I'll be more careful and using this format in the future. Thanks for clarifying for me.

D. Stevens

Spaces after or before a paragraph

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.