Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked IPAD

I have an older IPAD that was given to me by a family member. That member delete all information from the IPAD and deleted her password and email address. She looked in her account to see if her information was still there. She gave the IPAD to us and my grandson started hitting buttons which caused it to lock Now I'm needing to unlock it and cant. I have followed the directions on your webpage but nothing seems to work. Can you help or do I need to consider this a loss and throw it away.

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 1:00 PM

Not a loss yet, lets try a couple steps.

Does it say "iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes?" If so, follow this >> If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

Does it show a big white padlock on the screen? If so, follow this >> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If these steps do not work, you could always contact Apple directly. Get Support

Also note that these communities are run by volunteers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 1:00 PM in response to debby5858

Not a loss yet, lets try a couple steps.

Does it say "iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes?" If so, follow this >> If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

Does it show a big white padlock on the screen? If so, follow this >> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

If these steps do not work, you could always contact Apple directly. Get Support

Also note that these communities are run by volunteers.

Locked IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.