Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Emails on my Ipad keep reappearing.

Most recently my deleted emails keep reappearing when I have to power off my iPad and power it back on. This started around December 9. Every time I delete them all again they reappear. I have not been able to google a solution to stop this cycle.

Thank you and stay safe.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 12:01 PM

Hello APSuper6369,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing some issues with being able to delete an email from your iPad. We are happy to help look in to this with you.

As a test, we'd like to see if you are able to delete emails if you try deleting from the webmail version of your email account. If you open a browser window and log in to your email account, do you notice the same behavior there?

Does the iPad have any issues connecting to or using the internet?

What happens if you try deleting an email from the Mail app, then deleting that email from the Trash mailbox? After you delete an email, navigate to your Trash mailbox, then swipe left on the deleted email and tap "delete" to permanently delete the message:

Delete and recover emails in Mail on iPad

Keep us updated on your progress and how it goes.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 12:01 PM in response to APSuper6369

Hello APSuper6369,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing some issues with being able to delete an email from your iPad. We are happy to help look in to this with you.

As a test, we'd like to see if you are able to delete emails if you try deleting from the webmail version of your email account. If you open a browser window and log in to your email account, do you notice the same behavior there?

Does the iPad have any issues connecting to or using the internet?

What happens if you try deleting an email from the Mail app, then deleting that email from the Trash mailbox? After you delete an email, navigate to your Trash mailbox, then swipe left on the deleted email and tap "delete" to permanently delete the message:

Delete and recover emails in Mail on iPad

Keep us updated on your progress and how it goes.

Cheers.

Jan 17, 2021 11:52 AM in response to APSuper6369

Hello APSuper6369,

Thanks for keeping us updated on this. If your email is working properly in a browser, the next step we would recommend would be to first create a backup of the information on your Mac to ensure your data is secure using Time Machine. Take a look at those steps here:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

Once you have a good backup of your data, the next thing we would try is removing and re-adding the email account on your Mac and test to see if the issue remains:

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

If the issue remains after trying that step, please reach out to Apple Support directly using this link: Get Support

Best Regards.

Deleted Emails on my Ipad keep reappearing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.