Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t turn my computer off after water damage

I can’t turn my computer off after a while ago my brothers spilled water on it, it turned on for a moment then we forgot tonpassword and it turned off again . I need to get it working again so my brother can go to class

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 8:02 PM

Did you mean that you cannot turn your MacBook ON again? I ask because you mentioned that your MacBook turned OFF again and that you need it working again. I also would like you to know and understand that water damage to an electronic device almost always accompanies with some form of failure, either immediate or in the future. It is very difficult to judge the damage without getting inside the MacBook.

You can try pushing down and holding the power button down for 20 seconds and then releasing it. See whether that turns the unit ON. If that does not work then you can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 8:02 PM in response to evany64

Did you mean that you cannot turn your MacBook ON again? I ask because you mentioned that your MacBook turned OFF again and that you need it working again. I also would like you to know and understand that water damage to an electronic device almost always accompanies with some form of failure, either immediate or in the future. It is very difficult to judge the damage without getting inside the MacBook.

You can try pushing down and holding the power button down for 20 seconds and then releasing it. See whether that turns the unit ON. If that does not work then you can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

I can’t turn my computer off after water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.