Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Date & Time Applied to Wallpaper Images

Unboxed my new iPhone 12 Pro today, and am attempting to change the wallpaper photo for the lock screen. A random date and time is applied to any image before or after setting it. This happens on my own photos and pre-installed Apple wallpapers. When set, the lock screen now has two conflicting date/times...the the real time/date superimposed over the random, unwanted one. So weird. FYI, I'm an experienced user. What's happening and how can I fix? Thanks in advance for any responses!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 1:27 PM

Hello WearyAdventurer,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you are attempting to change the wallpaper photo for your lock screen, but the image is showing a different date and time. When are you seeing this different date and time? When you are setting a new wallpaper image, the time will usually show 9:41 am, but once you select the image it should show the Tate and time for your iPhone.

Let's try restarting your iPhone and resetting the settings for the iPhone.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support

When resetting the settings, note the warning in the article: "WARNING: If you choose the Erase All Content and Settings option, all of your content is removed. "

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 1:27 PM in response to WearyAdventurer

Hello WearyAdventurer,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you are attempting to change the wallpaper photo for your lock screen, but the image is showing a different date and time. When are you seeing this different date and time? When you are setting a new wallpaper image, the time will usually show 9:41 am, but once you select the image it should show the Tate and time for your iPhone.

Let's try restarting your iPhone and resetting the settings for the iPhone.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support

When resetting the settings, note the warning in the article: "WARNING: If you choose the Erase All Content and Settings option, all of your content is removed. "

Best regards.

Random Date & Time Applied to Wallpaper Images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.