You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and Outlook Calendar Issue

Is there a quick fix for my calendar on my iPhone resending meeting invites I am the organizer on the original invite in Outlook every time I open it on my IPhone to view it but don’t make any changes?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 6:11 PM

4 replies

Jan 13, 2021 3:18 PM in response to Dyannal1

Hello Dyannal1,

It sounds like you Outlook is resending meeting invites every time you open it. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

Let's go ahead and restart your iPhone. Even though this is a simple step, it may help: Restart your iPhone

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? When did you first notice this? Does this happen with multiple events? Which iOS version are you currently using? Also, does this only happen with events on Outlook or does this happen with all calendar accounts?

Cheers!

Jan 14, 2021 8:05 AM in response to Dyannal1

Dyannal1,

Thank you for proving those details. Are you using the built in Calendar app or are you using the Microsoft Outlook app?

If you are using the Microsoft Outlook app, we would recommend reviewing the steps outlined here: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open since the app isn't functioning as expected.

If you are using the Apple Calendar app, we would recommend going to Settings > Calendar > Accounts > Outlook > Calendar. From here, you would disable the Calendar, restart your device and enable it again. This will remove and readd the calendar, causing it to re-sync with the servers.

Let us know the results.

Take Care!

Jan 14, 2021 8:05 AM in response to Dyannal1

Dyannal1,

Thank you for proving those details. Are you using the built in Calendar app or are you using the Microsoft Outlook app?

If you are using the Microsoft Outlook app, we would recommend reviewing the steps outlined here: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open since the app isn't functioning as expected.

If you are using the Apple Calendar app, we would recommend going to Settings > Calendar > Accounts > Outlook > Calendar. From here, you would disable the Calendar, restart your device and enable it again. This will remove and readd the calendar, causing it to re-sync with the servers.

Let us know the results.

Take Care!

Jan 13, 2021 5:57 PM in response to Jeff_W.

Thank you for responding Jeff!

I have restarted the phone several times.

It started shortly after MS updated to 10. There was and iOS update on my iPhone, I’m not sure which one maybe 2-3 updates ago and that’s when it started.

My iOS it the most current for my phone, I 14.3. I only use Outlook to send out invites to people, I would not know if it is happening with other types of calendars. Outlook is the calendar I have to use for work, therefore that is the only one I care about working properly.

Looking forward to hearing back!

Dyanna

iPhone and Outlook Calendar Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.