Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer able to send invitations in Apple Calendar

With the recent iOS update (15 or 15.0.1), I can no longer invite others to calendar events I create. I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, model number MG9E3LL/A, with iOS 15.0.1. I used to be able to invite others when I created a calendar event, but that option has recently disappeared and I don't see any settings that would allow me to make an adjustment to bring it back. Here's a screenshot of the window that is used to create a calendar entry and you can see there is no "invite" option. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 2:16 PM

You can ignore the question I asked; I figured it out. Not sure why it matters, but if you turn off synchronizing Calendar with iCloud, the option to invite people disappears. It occurred to me while I was trying to find a setting on my iPhone to fix the problem, that I had made this change a few days ago. I undid my change (turning on Calendars under the iCloud options) and voila... back came the ability to invite others to a calendar event.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 2:16 PM in response to MythagoWood

You can ignore the question I asked; I figured it out. Not sure why it matters, but if you turn off synchronizing Calendar with iCloud, the option to invite people disappears. It occurred to me while I was trying to find a setting on my iPhone to fix the problem, that I had made this change a few days ago. I undid my change (turning on Calendars under the iCloud options) and voila... back came the ability to invite others to a calendar event.

No longer able to send invitations in Apple Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.