Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 pro quick flashes apple logo when starting up.

My iphone 12 pro quickly flashes the apple logo when starting it up, goes dark for like 5 seconds and then the apple logo reappears before turning on. Is this normal?

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 12:56 PM

There is one question to ask yourself. Do you end up with a fully working iPhone? If the phone works at the end of startup there is probably nothing to worry about regardless of what the screen does during start-up.

If the startup process doesn't end with a fully working iPhone you need to contact Apple Support and use the support entitlement which comes with every new iPhone.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2021 12:56 PM in response to tozlr

There is one question to ask yourself. Do you end up with a fully working iPhone? If the phone works at the end of startup there is probably nothing to worry about regardless of what the screen does during start-up.

If the startup process doesn't end with a fully working iPhone you need to contact Apple Support and use the support entitlement which comes with every new iPhone.

Jan 17, 2021 7:26 AM in response to tozlr

I have 2 brand new iPhone 12 Pros in the house which are having the same issue. Apple store technician has wiped and reinstalled iOS 14.3 on one of them but did not fix the problem. At that point, suggestion was to wait for an upcoming software update but I am not holding my breath (I have also tried installing 14.4 beta 2). She confirmed diagnostics revealed no hardware issue so likely software related.

iphone 12 pro quick flashes apple logo when starting up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.