Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes in MacOS Preview App.

This question was asked but never properly answered: "I often add sticky notes to my PDFs in Preview to write notes in and sometimes I write a lot in one sticky note so not all of the text is shown at once. This wasn't a problem when I was still using macOS Sierra because the sticky notes would expand as you wrote more text but now in macOS Catalina, the sticky notes in Preview are a set size so I have to scroll down to see all the text. However when I click on the sticky note and try to scroll, I end up scrolling on the PDF itself and not the sticky note."

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 8:09 AM

Sticky notes are a technology used outside of Preview, and Preview uses Note annotations. You scroll in these Notes by clicking on the edge of the collapsed note to expand it, and then by clicking within it to reveal its scrollbar, which responds to a Magic Mouse, or Trackpad gesture. You can also click on the scrollbar gutter before or after the slider to jump in the text, or click on the scrollbar slider and drag it.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 8:09 AM in response to Mikolysis

Sticky notes are a technology used outside of Preview, and Preview uses Note annotations. You scroll in these Notes by clicking on the edge of the collapsed note to expand it, and then by clicking within it to reveal its scrollbar, which responds to a Magic Mouse, or Trackpad gesture. You can also click on the scrollbar gutter before or after the slider to jump in the text, or click on the scrollbar slider and drag it.

Notes in MacOS Preview App.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.