Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Notes swipe between recents on macOS Monterey

In iPadOS 15, when I swipe up Quick Notes, I'm able to use a one-finger swipe horizontally to move between recent Quick Notes. There is also a "New Quick Note" button on the toolbar.

However, in macOS Monterey there doesn't seem to be an equivalent function to move between Quick Notes without opening the Notes app proper. Is this a known difference?

Also I've noted that if I quit the Notes app, then start a quick note with a keyboard shortcut, I can't start another quick note using Command-N. I have to open up the Notes app proper before the Command-N shortcut works. Furthermore, the new quick note started by Command-N loses the "always in front" features and gets hidden behind other windows just like any other ordinary window.

Wanted to see if these are known limitations and if there are any obvious fixes first.

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 6:26 AM

ultraminer wrote:

In iPadOS 15, when I swipe up Quick Notes, I'm able to use a one-finger swipe horizontally to move between recent Quick Notes. There is also a "New Quick Note" button on the toolbar.

However, in macOS Monterey there doesn't seem to be an equivalent function to move between Quick Notes without opening the Notes app proper. Is this a known difference?

Also I've noted that if I quit the Notes app, then start a quick note with a keyboard shortcut, I can't start another quick note using Command-N. I have to open up the Notes app proper before the Command-N shortcut works. Furthermore, the new quick note started by Command-N loses the "always in front" features and gets hidden behind other windows just like any other ordinary window.

Wanted to see if these are known limitations and if there are any obvious fixes first.

I would expect a difference in the macOS...

See if there is anything here:

Start a Quick Note on Mac - Apple Support

more:

https://eshop.macsales.com/blog/77237-the-road-to-macos-monterey-quick-note/

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2021 6:26 AM in response to ultraminer

ultraminer wrote:

I would expect a difference in the macOS...

See if there is anything here:

Start a Quick Note on Mac - Apple Support

more:

https://eshop.macsales.com/blog/77237-the-road-to-macos-monterey-quick-note/

Quick Notes swipe between recents on macOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.