Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicking "New Quick Note" hot corner opens last note, doesn't create a new note

Apple's notes app on my MacBook Pro, running Monterey (12.0.1 (21A559) doesn't behave like I see it demonstrated. I was hoping that it would allow me to quickly create a new note without having to open the notes app and click on the new note button.

But when I move the cursor to the hot corner and click on the New Quick Note window that pops out, I just opens my most recent quick note. It does not create a new note.

The Create Quick Note hot corner option is actually LESS convenient than just opening the Notes app. I now have to close the note it opens and then create a new note from the Notes app menu.

Hoping someone here will know what is causing this behavior and how to get Create Quick Note to actually launch a new note, rather than opening the most recent note.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 10:26 AM

Open Notes Application, Click Notes near , Click Preferences, Unselect "Resume last Quick Note".

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 15, 2021 12:13 AM in response to ChouDoufu

The Quick Note behavior that you are seeing on your MacBook Pro is an intended feature. I see the same behavior on my iPad Pro and on my MacBook Pro. The purpose of this Quick Note is to jot down quick notes or copy a quick website link that you can refer to later. You can then, at your convenience, move whatever you have captured to either a new note or append it to an existing note. I generally end up cleaning the quick note out and then reuse it as a clean slate. In my case, I didn’t want several quick notes added if there were a new note every time I activated this feature. But that is me.

Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here ➔Product Feedback - Apple 

Axel F.

Clicking "New Quick Note" hot corner opens last note, doesn't create a new note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.