Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick Note macOS Monterey

Quick Note is supposed to allow a note to be created while working in any app. I am able to do this, but only if the Apple Notes app is not running or is minimized. If Notes is open on another desktop, the Quick Note opens on that desktop, taking me away from the desktop on which the app I'm working in is open and defeating the utility of the Quick Note feature.

Am I missing something? Or is this a bug?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 11:37 AM

I figured it out! If you go to System Prefs > Mission Control and uncheck "When switching to an application, switch to a Space with open windows for the application" and the quick note will just pop up.

This doesn't seem to work if you are in a full screen app though, which is a bummer.

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 3, 2021 11:06 AM in response to stephenfrompetaluma

Yes! This is super frustrating and takes a way a huge functionality of having the note pop up on top of what you're currently doing (like a zoom call or taking notes from a video).

On my setup, I have notes/calendar on desktop 1, slack on desktop 2, and then my regular desktop 3 to work on. Whenever I do a quick note, not only does it pop up on desktop 1, but it also rearranges my slack all the way to the left. Very annoying!

Quick Note macOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.