Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compass Calibration?

On previous devices I've owned, there was a compass calibration function but I'm not finding anything like this on my new Apple Watch (Series 6 44mm Stainless). I do have the Milanese band which has a strong magnetic closure and I realize this can affect the compass but is there any way to compensate for this?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 9:09 AM

From Apple;

The presence of magnets can affect the accuracy of any compass sensor. Apple's Leather Link, Leather Loop, Milanese Loop and earlier Sport Loop watch bands use magnets or magnetic material that might interfere with the Apple Watch compass. The compass isn't affected by Sport Loop bands introduced in September 2019 or later, or any version of the Sport Band.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 9:09 AM in response to wehutty

From Apple;

The presence of magnets can affect the accuracy of any compass sensor. Apple's Leather Link, Leather Loop, Milanese Loop and earlier Sport Loop watch bands use magnets or magnetic material that might interfere with the Apple Watch compass. The compass isn't affected by Sport Loop bands introduced in September 2019 or later, or any version of the Sport Band.

Compass Calibration?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.