Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When typing "parler.com" in the adress field of safari, it does not accept the url. Did Apple change something in Safari overnight?

When I try to type the before mentioned address in safari on iOS, it will not accept the address. Normally you will get something like „server unavailable“.

Is it just my phone or did Apple something with Safari?

Thx!

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 10:19 AM

This is my brief explanation.

If google was down, your computer would return "server unavailable" because google did not accept your connection. Parler however, does not have a server (at some point in time). Your computer does not know where to look as there are no servers listed over the WWW for parler.com. A quick ICANN lookup will show their nameservers and no DNS IP > https://lookup.icann.org/lookup

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 10:19 AM in response to Ratatoskr_

This is my brief explanation.

If google was down, your computer would return "server unavailable" because google did not accept your connection. Parler however, does not have a server (at some point in time). Your computer does not know where to look as there are no servers listed over the WWW for parler.com. A quick ICANN lookup will show their nameservers and no DNS IP > https://lookup.icann.org/lookup

Jan 12, 2021 9:55 AM in response to Ratatoskr_

Parler used Amazon Web Services (AWS) who sent them a notice that they would suspend the site if they did not make changes to their moderation policy and gave them until the end of Sunday, January 10th, PST. Parler did not respond so they were suspended. They are supposedly looking for another service provider. There is no current way to access them.

When typing "parler.com" in the adress field of safari, it does not accept the url. Did Apple change something in Safari overnight?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.