Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Max disconnecting from MacBook Pro

Whenever I play a video on MacBook Pro, my AirPods Max disconnect. If I start the video, then connect my AirPods Max, the connection holds. But if I then pause the video and hit play again, the connection drops. I've had the AirPods Max since launch, and this has only started this past week. I've experienced the disconnect while playing videos from Hulu, Youtube, and other sites in both Safari and Chrome. When I connect my AirPods Pro to the MBP, they don't disconnect at all. Thoughts?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 10:33 AM

Hi Atyree,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, when your AirPods Max are not staying connected to your MacBook Pro, do we have that right? Does that happen if they are connected to any other device? Is the macOS fully up to date?

Does resetting your AirPods Max make a difference?

How to reset your AirPods Max

Since noticing this issues have your turned off bluetooth in System Preferences and turned it back on? This should reset the Bluetooth module.

If you have any external devices connected to your Mac, disconnect them and then reset the SMC and NVRAM to see if this continues.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

You can also check for any interference: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference.

If this continues, you may want to reach out to Apple Support. You may be able to reach them here: Get Support

Hope that helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 10:33 AM in response to atyree

Hi Atyree,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, when your AirPods Max are not staying connected to your MacBook Pro, do we have that right? Does that happen if they are connected to any other device? Is the macOS fully up to date?

Does resetting your AirPods Max make a difference?

How to reset your AirPods Max

Since noticing this issues have your turned off bluetooth in System Preferences and turned it back on? This should reset the Bluetooth module.

If you have any external devices connected to your Mac, disconnect them and then reset the SMC and NVRAM to see if this continues.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

You can also check for any interference: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference.

If this continues, you may want to reach out to Apple Support. You may be able to reach them here: Get Support

Hope that helps!

AirPods Max disconnecting from MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.