Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupt user permissions

Hi,

Since I've updated to Big Sur 11.1 I have a problem with Adobe Dreamweaver.

The issue is that code coloring is not working.

With an Adobe agent I've had a look at it and we came to the conclusion that there must be something corrupt on my user account because:

• We've deleted ALL files regarding Adobe and installed the software again, still the same problem.
  • We changed the permissions on all Adobe files, still the same problem.
  • We've installed different versions of Adobe Dreamweaver, all of them have the same problem.

• When installed on a different user, the software has no problem and works perfectly.

How can I check what might be the issue? It can't be a corrupt file since every file has been deleted before installation.

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 2:06 PM

First, there is no reason to ever install or run any 3rd party "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus, VPN or security apps on your Mac.  This user tip describes what you need to know and do in order to protect your Mac: Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community   

You should uninstall Avast A/V according to the developer's instructions. You can check to see if you've removed all of the supporting files by downloading and running Find Any File to search for any files with the application's name  and the developer's name in the file name.  For Avast software you'd do the following search(es): 

1 - Name contains avast

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop or Trash bin in the Dock for deletion.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

Not familiar with Adobe's CC Cleaner but if it only works on Adobe files it should not be a problem for the system.

Another tact you can take is to boot into Safe Mode by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 2:06 PM in response to Maxman1850

First, there is no reason to ever install or run any 3rd party "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up", anti-virus, VPN or security apps on your Mac.  This user tip describes what you need to know and do in order to protect your Mac: Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community   

You should uninstall Avast A/V according to the developer's instructions. You can check to see if you've removed all of the supporting files by downloading and running Find Any File to search for any files with the application's name  and the developer's name in the file name.  For Avast software you'd do the following search(es): 

1 - Name contains avast

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop or Trash bin in the Dock for deletion.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

Not familiar with Adobe's CC Cleaner but if it only works on Adobe files it should not be a problem for the system.

Another tact you can take is to boot into Safe Mode by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Jan 12, 2021 2:36 PM in response to Maxman1850

Download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to include the report in your reply.

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the Etrecheck's Privacy preference pane so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Also click and read the About info to further permit full disk access.

Then we can examine the report and see if we can determine what might be causing the problem.

Jan 13, 2021 2:48 PM in response to Maxman1850

Despite of what is said above, disabling and removing the Ad Block was not the solution.

I fixed the problem by changing the font in Adobe Dreamweaver to a regular font. This showed the coloring again.

Next, I opened my fonts and found out that there was an issue regarding Source Code Pro (the source code font). MacOS automatically fixed this issue and it is working again!

Corrupt user permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.