Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download any apps onto my MacBook Air from the AppStore

Hi, I recently purchased a MacBook Air, and I'm unable to download anything from the AppStore as it says version 10.12.6 or later is required. Do I just wait for the laptop to do an update or how does it work? I'm using it for work and I need to download Word and Microsoft Outlook. Please help!

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 2:20 AM

What is meant by can not download anything from the AppStore? This computer is running an Older Version of macOS Sierra and updates to Sierra ceased some years ago. If one is meaning upGrade to a newer macOS it will depend on the exact age of the computer. One can determine the age by clicking the Apple Icon on Desktop >> About this Mac and the next screen will show this information. Once that is determined, follow this Link use Only Safari. It will led to an Apple website where one can download the macOS compatible with this computer. Any links the next page Must be opened using Only Safari ( FF / Chrome will not work. Once chosen version of macOS Safari will open a redirect and open the AppStore to download the version of macOSchosen.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 2:20 AM in response to Simone06

What is meant by can not download anything from the AppStore? This computer is running an Older Version of macOS Sierra and updates to Sierra ceased some years ago. If one is meaning upGrade to a newer macOS it will depend on the exact age of the computer. One can determine the age by clicking the Apple Icon on Desktop >> About this Mac and the next screen will show this information. Once that is determined, follow this Link use Only Safari. It will led to an Apple website where one can download the macOS compatible with this computer. Any links the next page Must be opened using Only Safari ( FF / Chrome will not work. Once chosen version of macOS Safari will open a redirect and open the AppStore to download the version of macOSchosen.

Unable to download any apps onto my MacBook Air from the AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.