Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't send text messages to non-iphone users but I used to be able to. What do I need to check?

I used to be able to send text messages from my MacBook to non iPhone users but for some reason I can't now. Although I can receive them.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 4:52 PM

SMS messages are sent through your iCloud account, then forwarded by your iPhone onto the SMS message system.

You need to check exactly the settings on your iPhone mentioned in the article cited at the top of your post.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 4:52 PM in response to Madsam21

SMS messages are sent through your iCloud account, then forwarded by your iPhone onto the SMS message system.

You need to check exactly the settings on your iPhone mentioned in the article cited at the top of your post.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

I can't send text messages to non-iphone users but I used to be able to. What do I need to check?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.