Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts disappeared and I need help getting them back

How do I get my contacts back? Whenever I go into contacts all it says is my card.

Also, I can’t seem to add new contacts.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 11:25 AM

Hi there, Kiki5913,

No worries and you're most welcome. We're glad that you were able to import your contacts to iCloud and can see them there now. On your iPhone, you can go to Settings > [Your Name ] > iCloud and check that you have Contacts enabled here.

The steps outlined here may help as well: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

Best regards.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 11:25 AM in response to Kiki5913

Hi there, Kiki5913,

No worries and you're most welcome. We're glad that you were able to import your contacts to iCloud and can see them there now. On your iPhone, you can go to Settings > [Your Name ] > iCloud and check that you have Contacts enabled here.

The steps outlined here may help as well: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

Best regards.

Jan 14, 2021 2:46 PM in response to Kiki5913

HI Kiki5913,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to access any of your Contacts. If you're using iCloud Contacts, we'd recommend that you follow the steps outlined here for help to restore them: If you accidentally deleted your calendars, bookmarks, or contacts from iCloud

What happens specifically when you attempt to add a new contact? Do you see an alert? If so, what does it say?

Cheers!

Jan 16, 2021 8:26 AM in response to KMB_12

Hello, thank you for the advice, but it didn’t seem to work for me.

I don’t think I accidentally deleted my contacts because a few days ago they came back, but were gone the next day.

Whenever I try to add a new contact, I don’t see an alerts and it doesn’t show up or save my added contacts.

But, thank you for trying to help me!

Jan 17, 2021 11:55 AM in response to Kiki5913

You're welcome, Kiki5913,

Are you using iCloud to store your Contacts? If so, were you able to restore them by following the steps by signing into iCloud via a web browser on a computer?

Are you using a different email address to store your Contacts? You can go to Settings > Contacts > Default Account to help you to determine which account you're using.

Best regards.

Jan 21, 2021 9:29 PM in response to SnickZ.

Hello, I have some answers to your questions,

I think my contacts were not saved or stored on iCloud, because when I restored older versions of my iCloud contacts, nothing was in it or restored.

I know one of my email address has my contacts saved since it is a google account, but I also used that same account to make my Apple ID, so I assumed it would be automatically saved on iCloud, but it isn’t.

So, I have a quick question, is there a way to transfer google info, like contacts into iCloud, so it can save on my contacts.

Have a great day

Mar 8, 2021 12:10 PM in response to judysings

Sorry again, for not responding. I tried syncing my contacts, but it still wouldn’t work. So, I was fed and just decided to reset my phone to the beginning screen and it worked! My contacts are finally here and my phone has finally stopped acting weird. I’ll like to thank everyone for helping me out and I hope you guys have a nice day!

My contacts disappeared and I need help getting them back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.