You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Australia - trade in return address

Hello,

I’m in Australia and have bought a new iPhone and am trading in my old phone. The courier is booked (through Apple) to come tomorrow to pick up the old phone, however I can’t find any information anywhere about whether I need to include an address on the package, and if so, what it is. Can anyone assist? Thank you 😊

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 2:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 3:06 PM

Hi Jess thank you so much for replying. I just dropped it off at my concierge but from you description the courier will contact me when he arrives. Isn’t it just so annoying that the trade in kit actually doesn’t contain any instructions...

6 replies

Jan 13, 2021 3:14 AM in response to JessR1408

The local Apple AU trade-in web page here says this:

How do I pack my device for trade-in?

You’ll receive detailed instructions on how to prepare your device so you can complete your trade-in.

If you’re trading in your device for credit towards a new one, you can choose to drop it off or schedule a courier pick-up. If you prefer to drop it off, we’ll email you a barcode you can take to your local Australia Post, where they’ll pack up your device and send it to our trade-in partner. If you select courier pick-up, we’ll send you a trade-in kit so you can pack up your own device, and a courier will come to collect at the scheduled time.

To trade in a device without purchasing a new one, you’ll use the courier pick-up method described above.

So you must have received some detail in the "trade-in kit". Were you provided some sort of barcode to stick on it for the courier?

Additionally, there is a phone number in the last FAQ item:

How do I get additional help with my trade-in?

Contact us on 133-622.

Australia - trade in return address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.