Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the ‘From’ Email Address for all emails.

I am using the standard Apple Mail App. I want to change the From Email address on emails that I send. It is currently set to: name@me.com and I want to change it to name@icloud.com. I can change it for an individual email by selecting From on the email and then select name@icloud.com from the dropdown list but I want to change it for all outgoing emails.

I have read that there should be a ‘default account’ setting on my email App setup but that is not available.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 10:40 AM

I believe you’ll be able to update the email address/alias here:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud * > Mail

* Having accessed iCloud, scroll to the very bottom of the page: Mail is the final item in this list

10 replies

Jan 13, 2021 8:31 AM in response to VK333

You do have Composing. It is the main section under which Always Bcc myself is located. However, you don’t have Default account. After rereading your first post, I think that it may be tied to the fact that both of your accounts are Apple email accounts. Didn’t .me accounts become iCloud accounts? If so, you just have two different aliases for the same account.

I could very well be wrong about this. Do you get the same emails in both accounts? I freely admit that I don’t know anything about Apple’s email accounts.

Jan 13, 2021 10:26 AM in response to VK333

I assume that this is the only account that you have on the iPad and that’s why default account doesn’t show, but I’m not sure about that. I have three email accounts so I see Default Account in my settings.

I’m not sure how to change the identifier/alias of the account to show iCloud. I asked for help in another area of the community where you have to be a higher level user to have access. Hopefully someone else will join in to help.

How can I change the ‘From’ Email Address for all emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.