Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch bands on wrong sides of watch

The band on my Apple Watch was installed backwards (short side on the bottom instead of the top). It has a bumper on it and I’ve been trying to remove the bands. Neither will come off. I e followed all of the steps and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 7:46 AM

Even if the short part of the band was installed on the bottom they still should come off just fine. Some people wear their watch on the other hand or with the digital crown on the opposite side. Follow these directions and if you still have problems then contact Apple Support.

Change your Apple Watch band - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 27, 2021 10:49 AM in response to Windz1

You may need to remove the bumper from the watch in order to remove the bands, if the bumper is blocking you from pressing the band release button. It's personal preference as to which side of the band goes into which end of the watch - there's no "wrong" way. However, the flat side of the band needs to be on the outside, and the side with the size markings and indentations needs to be on the inside, against your wrist.

Watch bands on wrong sides of watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.