Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi problem when will it be sorted it’s been a problem before iso 14

Definitely a software problem, when you do manage to get WiFi phone randomly crashes while using apps on WiFi

when it reboots you can’t turn WiFi back on, or it’s on but no WiFi access points shown, reboot and works again, it can work for weeks days or even minutes, but this month as been the worst first time I’ve run out of mobile data.

many more of my friends I have found suffer from the same problem, but at home two suffer from the problem and two don’t, three of the phones are older one iPhone 7 two iPhone 8 Plus and one iPhone 11 and the iPads seem be fine for us anyway

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 4:18 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 14, 2021 6:48 PM in response to Chris_swansea

Hello Chris_swansea,

We're glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities with your questions about your iPhones. We'll do all we can to help get you pointed in the right direction. Which iPhones have the issue? What version of the software is on each of the iPhones having the issue? Is each of the iPhones on the current iOS software? If not, make a backup of the device and update the software. Here's information on how to backup and update:

If the software is up-to-date, you may want to Restart your iPhone if you haven't already. This simple step will often refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.

Cheers!

Jan 16, 2021 12:28 PM in response to Chris_swansea

Chris_swansea,

Thanks for confirming which devices are having the issue. We're glad to see that your iOS software is up-to-date. To clarify, does the problem happen on only one Wi-Fi network or multiple Wi-Fi networks? If needed, you can test this by connecting to an alternate Wi-Fi network.

What about when you're just on cellular data? Do you still experience the issue?

Have you tried to uninstall the app(s) and then reinstalled them to see if you continue to have the issue? Here's information on How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Best regards!

Jan 16, 2021 7:48 AM in response to melissa_m77

I have tried using a clean restore made no difference than using my computer backup as I thought maybe I was just bringing the problem in with the backup and like stated my phone is a iPhone 7 and my daughter as a iPhone 11, today just before replying to this my phone crashed while scrolling through Facebook and I am up to date with iso 14.3 and app updates

Jan 21, 2021 7:36 AM in response to mingoslkd

No it doesn’t work on any WiFi as said previous when it crashes you reboot and if you’re lucky you can get WiFi if you’re not you reboot several times before you get it, then it will crash again when using it

yes I have removed the app that I was using and I either reinstalled or even not bothered

you get really fed up of resetting the network settings and all the other stuff you’re told to do but you keep trying in hope this will sort the problem

it’s been a problem long before iso 14 and I just keep hoping with every update it’s sorted

WiFi problem when will it be sorted it’s been a problem before iso 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.