Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connection

I run a MacBook Air with BigSur 11.1 operating system. Since this upgrade my laptop doesn't stay connected to the wifi in my house. Almost everytime I go on the computer it has to look for the wifi and reconnect. I've checked the preferences and its set to always connect on this network. It will even drop the connection at times for a minute then reconnect. All of this is since the latest upgrade, any thoughts on this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 8:57 AM

Hi there Randall Wayne,,

We're happy to help with this trouble you're having with the Wi-Fi connection with your MacBook Air. Get started here for the steps to help resolve this issue:

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there if needed.

Best regards!

3 replies

Jan 20, 2021 9:31 PM in response to Jeff_W.

Diagnostics comes up with nothing, the thing is once the Wifi connects it seems fine. The problem is upon opening my laptop or logging back in and then the WiFi looks as though it is connected. But, once I open a browser and search for something the WiFi starts searching for a connection and that is where the problem is. At this moment the WiFi seems to disconnect and tries to reconnect at the least 2 times sometimes 3. It eventually connects after a few attempts, but this is not how it used to be prior to upgrading to Big Sur. It is frustrating when trying to work or get email. Thoughts?

Wifi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.