Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur emails disappear

I have several email accounts. When I get new msgs I can open them up separately and read them, but if I leave some there and switch to another account, the first account inbox is empty when I go back. The "missing" msgs ARE in "All inboxes", but I want to able to keep my inboxes separate as before! Any ideas?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 10:16 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 15, 2021 9:26 AM in response to lhfrank

Hello lhfrank,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble with your emails. It looks like the emails disappear and they appear in "All Inboxes." We're happy to help. For this particular issue, we'd like to see if the issue is replicated in safe mode. Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS. If your Mac fully updated with the latest version of macOS Big Sur? Staying up to date helps ensure your device can function the best. In case you need to update your Mac, back up your Mac to secure your data.

Check out the following support articles:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Back up your Mac

How to update the software on your Mac

Cheers!

Big Sur emails disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.