Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get added email account messages to show in the “All mail inbox” folder on my Mac?

In Mail, I have an issue where added email account messages are not showing in the “All Mail Inbox” folder. These email accounts are listed in the Mail sidebar, and show they contain messages, which I can read by opening each mailbox, but I used to be able to see them all one place. I'm currently running macOS Big Sur 11.6, I don’t have any email filters turned on, and I’ve deleted the accounts and added them again, but it didn’t work. I just recently did an update, so this may be the culprit. Could anyone please offer some advice on how to fix this? Thanx.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 6:37 PM

4 replies

Nov 8, 2021 6:35 AM in response to markr00

markr00 wrote:

In Mail, I have an issue where added email account messages are not showing in the “All Mail Inbox” folder. These email accounts are listed in the Mail sidebar, and show they contain messages, which I can read by opening each mailbox, but I used to be able to see them all one place. I'm currently running macOS Big Sur 11.6, I don’t have any email filters turned on, and I’ve deleted the accounts and added them again, but it didn’t work. I just recently did an update, so this may be the culprit. Could anyone please offer some advice on how to fix this? Thanx.

If necessary you can remove the "All Inboxes" and then add it back in.

Control click on the mailbox to see the contextual menu—>Remove From Favorites

Add it back in—

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Nov 8, 2021 9:10 AM in response to markr00

Sorry, maybe I should’ve been a little clearer. I've deleted the mailboxes completely, and readded them, but it had no effect. To clarify a little, I want the messages in imported mailbox accounts (subfolders), to merge in one centralized reading folder (All mail inbox) in favorites, so I can read all my messages in one place. I can add the mailboxes themselves into favorites, but this doesn’t merge the contents. 

How do I get added email account messages to show in the “All mail inbox” folder on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.