Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Embedding PDF within a Pages Document

I use Pages to generate a newsletter for an organization, which upon completion is shared in pdf format with members by email. I am needing help how to embed a pdf within the body of the pages document (to save space and only to open when double clicked by readers). Previous similar threads have not provided answers that work for me.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 12:00 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 13, 2021 12:21 PM in response to Nez_mom

I don't believe it is possible to embed a file within a Pages document. You can insert a PDF, but that is really just inserting an image of the first page of the PDF, not inserting the entire document.

I don't understand what you are trying to do, so I can't provide another workaround. This is what I understand:

1. Create Pages document
  2. Convert pages document to PDF.
  3. Embed the PDF of the document within the original document? -- what is the point of this?

Other possibility.

1. Embed PDF into another Pages document and send that. But, I still don't understand the point of embedding the PDF into another document.

Jan 13, 2021 1:24 PM in response to Barney-15E

To clarify, I wish to insert an icon representing the pdf file which when clicked would open to the pdf document viewer. Envision a newsletter of two columns filled. When dragging/inserting any pdf files directly into my Pages newsletters, the pdf files display in entirety like a jpg. I have read instructions how to accomplish this for pc's, but I cannot find how to do this with my MacBook. Thank you.

Jan 13, 2021 4:05 PM in response to Nez_mom

Pages only supports URL (web page links), email addresses, and internal Pages document bookmark references. It has no clue about external application launching. PDF documents are not images, and when you drag and drop a PDF document into Pages, no icon appears, and no filename of the PDF is retained. You get the first page of the PDF as a document object that looks like the. first page of that PDF, and all other PDF pages are thrown away.

Whatever you are trying to do, Pages is the wrong tool.

Embedding PDF within a Pages Document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.