Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Page Header Alignment in Numbers

Hello, Numbers gurus. I'm having trouble aligning text in a page header. By default, text entered in the center portion of the page header is centered. So far, so good. However, when I add a second line that line is left-aligned directly below the left edge of the first line of text. I want the second line also to be centered but no matter what text I select, the alignment icons in the Text inspector are grayed out. See the screenshot below. Something similar happens when I add more than one line of text in the righthand portion of the page header; only the first line is right-aligned. Help!

(Numbers 10.3.5, macOS 11.1)

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 12:47 AM

Text alignment in the page header (and page footer) boxes is automatic, and written into the software. There is no user accessible means of setting what it does to the second line.

Provide feedback to Apple, using the Provide Numbers Feedback item in the Numbers menu. I would suggest also providing similar feedback regarding Pages similar handling of this,

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 12:47 AM in response to Jeffrey Frankel

Text alignment in the page header (and page footer) boxes is automatic, and written into the software. There is no user accessible means of setting what it does to the second line.

Provide feedback to Apple, using the Provide Numbers Feedback item in the Numbers menu. I would suggest also providing similar feedback regarding Pages similar handling of this,

Regards,

Barry

Page Header Alignment in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.