Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to resolve error 5101 F

I was resetting my macbook air using command+R keys and in between the resetting process my laptop shut down. After restarting the laptop nothing appears on the laptop screen and again after restarting using command+R keys, a window appear showing internet recovery and it takes 15-20 mins downloading using wifi connection and after downloading has finished a error of 5101 F showed on the laptop screen.

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 8:14 PM

Sandy_underworld SaidL

"How to resolve error 5101 F: I was resetting my macbook air using command+R keys and in between the resetting process my laptop shut down. After restarting the laptop nothing appears on the laptop screen and again after restarting using command+R keys, a window appear showing internet recovery and it takes 15-20 mins downloading using wifi connection and after downloading has finished a error of 5101 F showed on the laptop screen."

-------

Install from Ethernet:

Try using an Ethernet cable. If neither is of success, then create a USB Bootable Installer, through use of Terminal on another Mac. Then, install through it. If no Ethernet port, then use one of these: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 8:14 PM in response to Sandy_underworld

Sandy_underworld SaidL

"How to resolve error 5101 F: I was resetting my macbook air using command+R keys and in between the resetting process my laptop shut down. After restarting the laptop nothing appears on the laptop screen and again after restarting using command+R keys, a window appear showing internet recovery and it takes 15-20 mins downloading using wifi connection and after downloading has finished a error of 5101 F showed on the laptop screen."

-------

Install from Ethernet:

Try using an Ethernet cable. If neither is of success, then create a USB Bootable Installer, through use of Terminal on another Mac. Then, install through it. If no Ethernet port, then use one of these: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

How to resolve error 5101 F

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.