Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have got 5101F error while Internet Recovery after reset. What should I do?

I did a Factory Reset of my MacBook Air today, and then I went following all the needed steps as recommended, but an error 5101F ocurred and I have no idea what to do. What should I do? I can't go to Apple Store. Please suggest some solution to it. Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 1:32 PM

Would suggest shutdown computer and plug into charger. Move the laptop as close to router as possible. Disconnect any other devices from router and disconnect any attached external drives. Turn on computer and Immediately hold the three combination ( Command + Option+ r ). It will require connecting to Wifi at this stage so make sure the password is known. This mode is Internet Recovery Mode and loads only as fast as the connection is and Apple Servers. A Globe will load slowly this is normal. Once in choose Re-Install or Install macOS. It will download and alert you to restart once it has finished.

Good Luck and happy computing

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 1:32 PM in response to moet176

Would suggest shutdown computer and plug into charger. Move the laptop as close to router as possible. Disconnect any other devices from router and disconnect any attached external drives. Turn on computer and Immediately hold the three combination ( Command + Option+ r ). It will require connecting to Wifi at this stage so make sure the password is known. This mode is Internet Recovery Mode and loads only as fast as the connection is and Apple Servers. A Globe will load slowly this is normal. Once in choose Re-Install or Install macOS. It will download and alert you to restart once it has finished.

Good Luck and happy computing

I have got 5101F error while Internet Recovery after reset. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.