Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot use phone

My iPhone 7s has a white screen that says data recovery cannot be completed please restore your iPhone from backup

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 9:12 PM

shilauntia Said:

"Cannot use phone: My iPhone 7s has a white screen that says data recovery cannot be completed please restore your iPhone from backup"

-------

Restore your iPhone to Factory Settings:

Your best bet is to restore your device to factory settings. Then, see if this is usable.

Restoring to Factory Settings:

Go Here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support

Cannot Restore?:

Use this Site: If you See an Error when you Update or Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Have any Backups?:

If you never created an update, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your iphon device, prior to all of this. That way you have something to restore your iphone from should anything go wrong with the reset.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2021 9:12 PM in response to shilauntia

shilauntia Said:

"Cannot use phone: My iPhone 7s has a white screen that says data recovery cannot be completed please restore your iPhone from backup"

-------

Restore your iPhone to Factory Settings:

Your best bet is to restore your device to factory settings. Then, see if this is usable.

Restoring to Factory Settings:

Go Here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support

Cannot Restore?:

Use this Site: If you See an Error when you Update or Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Have any Backups?:

If you never created an update, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a backup of your iphon device, prior to all of this. That way you have something to restore your iphone from should anything go wrong with the reset.

Cannot use phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.