Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keys not working

Some of the keys on my bluetooth keyboard are not working and I can not sign in to my mac, because I need one of those keys for my password. There is a small keyboard in the top right corner of my screen, and I have selected all the options, with no luck

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 12:19 AM

niki60 Said:

"Keys not working: Some of the keys on my bluetooth keyboard are not working and I can not sign in to my mac, because I need one of those keys for my password. There is a small keyboard in the top right corner of my screen, and I have selected all the options, with no luck"

-------

Using Another Keyboard:

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM

Sometimes when changes(i.e. updates) are made to the system, system configurations (i.e. for then keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 12:19 AM in response to niki60

niki60 Said:

"Keys not working: Some of the keys on my bluetooth keyboard are not working and I can not sign in to my mac, because I need one of those keys for my password. There is a small keyboard in the top right corner of my screen, and I have selected all the options, with no luck"

-------

Using Another Keyboard:

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM

Sometimes when changes(i.e. updates) are made to the system, system configurations (i.e. for then keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

Keys not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.