Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bigsur stuck in login loop?

Running macos bigsur 11.1 on macbook pro (2019) i9 10th gen 16gb/1tb was working perfectly fine, was in the middle of preparing my ppt (not doing any heavy works!!) decided to put my mac to sleep after few hours opened it back

Now when i opened the system was turning on from a shutdown. the login page was changed to default wallpaper (dont know how) after typing in my password the progress bar goes for 30%, stops for a few seconds , fan starts at full speed 1,2,3 ..... blackscreen, sytem has shutdown due to an error.... again back at same login page then whole process loops..

however , i am able to login properly in safeboot mode.but the system is deadslow.

contacted apple support on phone, advised me to take to service centre.

please help...!!

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 6:38 AM

hello there,

since we talked last time i made few changer since i was so desperate to make my mac work

1. i went to recovery mode and reinstalled bigsur 11.1 - problem didnt get solved
  2. i completely wiped out my harddisk data and changed back to my default catalina 10.15.7 - problem didnt get solved
  3. i checked this forum and run a etrecheck

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xndpwc6NhVHFBcx-PXM8RFpnYTrva5rJ/view?usp=sharing

(pls note : the report was generated after i changed to default catalina os)

4 i checked those library locations but its empty. no hidden files or so...

Pls help

thank you

[Link Edited by Moderator]

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2021 6:38 AM in response to mukthar224

hello there,

since we talked last time i made few changer since i was so desperate to make my mac work

1. i went to recovery mode and reinstalled bigsur 11.1 - problem didnt get solved
  2. i completely wiped out my harddisk data and changed back to my default catalina 10.15.7 - problem didnt get solved
  3. i checked this forum and run a etrecheck

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xndpwc6NhVHFBcx-PXM8RFpnYTrva5rJ/view?usp=sharing

(pls note : the report was generated after i changed to default catalina os)

4 i checked those library locations but its empty. no hidden files or so...

Pls help

thank you

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Jan 14, 2021 8:15 AM in response to mukthar224

Something that runs in your account when booting normally is causing a serious problem.

Normally we’d ask you run Etrecheck and post its full report here. It’s still relevant if you run it in Safe Mode, but probably we’ll need other information (which I don’t think will be in the report from Safe Mode).

So, in addition to that report:

in Finder, press command-shift-G and paste

~/Library/LaunchAgents

and post a screenshot. Repeat the procedure with

/Library/LaunchAgents

and

/Library/LaunchDaemons

Jan 20, 2021 7:13 AM in response to mukthar224

It seems that the problem is still not solved, despite your last post being marked "Solved".

Is it solved or not?

Since you are able to login when in Safe Mode then definitely something that only loads in normal mode is causing a serious issue.

Whilst in Safe Mode, create a new admin account. Then restart normally. Can you login to this new account?

This will help us determine if the problem is system wide or restricted to your account. I am guessing the latter.

Let us know.

If it is just your account, we may be able to rebuild it.

Jan 20, 2021 8:44 AM in response to mukthar224

Something seems to be very wrong.

At this point, I'd try installing a clean system on a separate drive. Do not install or migrate anything to that drive.

Name the first account on that drive something different from your usual user account.

See if your mac boots up correctly from that new system and you are able to login to the single admin account on that drive.

Jan 23, 2021 5:48 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

i took my macbook to service centre. They told the problem was with my harddisk and needs replacement and it will be covered in my warranty.

Very dissapointed with apple. using one of their top end product, Its only been just 2months and already its broken. and i suffered loss of pretty big amount of money and credibility since i couldnt complete my works.hatsoff apple👍🏻👍🏻

But thanks for the help luis.😇

Bigsur stuck in login loop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.