Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

login screen all black not wallpaper

Hi there,

I have an issue where the login screen on my MacBook Pro 16" 2019, running Monterey, displays a black wallpaper, instead of the default background.

The issue started after I had to run the password recovery tool,. Prior to that it would display the default background.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 9:07 AM

aissa145 wrote:

Hi there,

I have an issue where the login screen on my MacBook Pro 16" 2019, running Monterey, displays a black wallpaper, instead of the default background.

The issue started after I had to run the password recovery tool,. Prior to that it would display the default background.

Any suggestions?

not sure what is a "password recovery tool"...

I would try a Safeboot to clear system cache files etc...and compare your results

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

login and test, reboot a normal and test.

If no insight or resolve—Look at your >System Preferences>Desktop & Background and make some changes...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 9:07 AM in response to aissa145

aissa145 wrote:

Hi there,

Any suggestions?

not sure what is a "password recovery tool"...

I would try a Safeboot to clear system cache files etc...and compare your results

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

login and test, reboot a normal and test.

If no insight or resolve—Look at your >System Preferences>Desktop & Background and make some changes...

login screen all black not wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.