Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An App is asking for my iPhone passcode

I logged out of an App on my iPhone 12 Pro Max.  When logging back into the App it asked for my iPhone passcode.  This was not access to iCloud Keychain - it was the App asking for my iPhone passcode to access the Apps own login credentials (which, I should add were not up to date - as I had recently updated them).   I changed my passcode as precaution after entering it into the App.

An App asking for iPhone credentials seems unusual to me - I have not seen this in all my years of having iPhones. 

Does this sound right?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 12:51 AM

Thanks. Yes I see this with certain apps like banking and credits - where settings state Face ID. This particular App does not have any such setting. Is there any risk to an App asking for your iPhone passcode?

4 replies

Jan 15, 2021 9:30 AM in response to Axel Foley

It is English. The developer says it is not their app, it is the phone requesting the passcode - but it specifically states the developers app name in the request - this does not happen with other apps like banking. The funny thing is, if it was the phone, it uses the password repository - which uses faceID. When I entered my passcode as required by the App it used my old password for the App and not the one stored in my Keychain.

An App is asking for my iPhone passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.