Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have older IMAC with Sierra OS wanting to go to High Sierra as that is the highest I can go. The install file from Apple Store docks but says its damaged and cannot be used. Any suggestions on where else to get it.

The installer file for High Sierra says it is damaged and not working. How else can I upgrade to High Sierra?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 7:39 PM

Open your Applications folder and move Install macOS High Sierra.app to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac go back to the App Store High Sierra download page,

download High Sierra.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

The download should be 5.23GBs in size when completed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 7:39 PM in response to 71Dusty

Open your Applications folder and move Install macOS High Sierra.app to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable.

Restart your mac go back to the App Store High Sierra download page,

download High Sierra.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or any other devices that share the same internet connection.

The download should be 5.23GBs in size when completed.

Have older IMAC with Sierra OS wanting to go to High Sierra as that is the highest I can go. The install file from Apple Store docks but says its damaged and cannot be used. Any suggestions on where else to get it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.