Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fitness app won't connect to watch

Hi - I signed up for Apple Fitness and at the start it says it's looking for my watch. However, even though my watch is connected to my phone, I keep getting the message that the app can't find my watch which makes the whole thing a bit pointless. Any ideas why, with bluetooth on and the devices already connected, Fitness can't find my watch?

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 10:20 AM

Hello writergirl2,

We see that you're running into an issue with Fitness+ detecting your Apple Watch. We're glad you reached out to the Apple Support Communities for support. What version of the watchOS is on your Apple Watch? If needed, Update your Apple Watch.

Also, is your iPhone on the current iOS software? If not, make a backup of the device and update the software. Here's information on how to backup and update:

If the software is up-to-date, you may want to Restart your iPhone if you haven't already. Then, restart your Apple Watch. Here's information on How to restart your Apple Watch. This simple step will often refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.

Best regards!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 10:20 AM in response to writergirl2

Hello writergirl2,

We see that you're running into an issue with Fitness+ detecting your Apple Watch. We're glad you reached out to the Apple Support Communities for support. What version of the watchOS is on your Apple Watch? If needed, Update your Apple Watch.

Also, is your iPhone on the current iOS software? If not, make a backup of the device and update the software. Here's information on how to backup and update:

If the software is up-to-date, you may want to Restart your iPhone if you haven't already. Then, restart your Apple Watch. Here's information on How to restart your Apple Watch. This simple step will often refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.

Best regards!

fitness app won't connect to watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.